Job opportunities with VVM
Job opportunities with VVM
July 12, 2022
Our clubhouse franchise at McGovern Park, Ruislip is currently advertising for the two following roles. Please follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to apply by next Friday, 29th of July.
Enthusiastic Event Manager required for McGovern Park. Veritable Venue Management manage a busy hospitality venue in Ruislip which is also home to the London GAA. As well as matches we host lots of weddings, parties, wakes, 1st communions etc and need an Events Manager to support the Managing Director and Commercial Director in hosting events.
- Liaise with clients, internal and external suppliers to ensure rooms are laid out and decorated to their specification and ensure events run smoothly
- Work closely with the bar and catering team
- Set up rooms for events, put up tables and chairs as required, make sure shutters are up, lightshades are straight etc
- Do viewings with potential clients and ‘sell the venue’
- Keen eye for detail
- Prior to an event make sure bar staff have set up bars, pulled through the lines, put the taps on, have ice, fruit, fully stocked, polished glasses etc
- Support the Managing Director and Commercial Director with running events, dealing with clients and any other duties that may be required
- Keyholder responsibilities
- Can do attitude, problem solver, multi tasker
- Ability to handle difficult clients tactfully and find resolutions
- Adept at using audio visual equipment
- Awareness of health and safety regulations, fire safety etc
- Make sure decorations are collected/ removed from function rooms after an event
- Endeavor to return any lost property to it’s owner
- Communicate well with all staff, managers, clients and vendors
- Take pictures of rooms / events and promote on our social media channels
- Flexible work hours required – must be available evenings and weekends
McGovern Park is home to the London Gaelic Athletic Association and Gaelic football and hurling are played here during the season regularly attracting crowds of over 800 people so the ability to pour the perfect Guinness is essential. The spacious function rooms (known as ‘The Emerald Rooms’) can host 50-500 people for weddings, wakes, birthday parties, gigs etc as well as an annual fireworks display for 3000 and The Big Game for 4000-7000 people. Our diary is looking pretty full into 2023. Free parking provided.
Assistant Bar Manager
We are looking for a hard-working, trustworthy and experienced Assistant Bar Manager to assist the Bar Manager with the day to day running of the Sports Bar and Emerald rooms at McGovern Park. Must have at least 2 years prior experience as a Bar Supervisor, excellent cellar management skills and available to work flexible hours. Minimum 30hrs pw guaranteed.
You will be a dedicated, resilient, outgoing multi-tasker that is highly organised and calm under pressure. Able to lead and inspire a young team of bar staff and teach them how to operate the bar and cellar equipment and serve customers courteously, efficiently and in a professional manner.
You will strive to achieve the highest level of customer service at all times and ensure that both inside the bars and outside the venue is always clean and looking it’s best. Attention to detail and an ability to think on your feet are key. Working closely with the catering team, you will foster a 'one team’ ethos so we can provide seamless service for events.
You will assist the Bar Manager in duties such as rotas, staff training, bar stock, till reconciliation, ensuring all the bar equipment is in working order and help make McGovern Park somewhere customers always feel welcome and have a good time. You will be responsible for the bars when the Bar Manager is off duty.
McGovern Park is home to the London Gaelic Athletic Association and Gaelic football and hurling are played here during the season regularly attracting crowds of over 800 people so the ability to pour the perfect Guinness is essential. The spacious function rooms (known as 'The Emerald Rooms’) can host 50-500 people for weddings, wakes, birthday parties, gigs etc and our diary is looking pretty full into 2023.
Essential: Cellar management skills, 2 years prior experience as a Bar Supervisor position, a positive 'can do’ attitude.
Desirable qualities: Personal Licence holder, adept with audio visual equipment, full clean driving licence, event management experience, first aid certificate, fire safety certificate, love of the Irish.
If you would like to join our team please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you get through to the interview stage we will notify you within two weeks. You will need to provide two references.