Thomas McCurtains GAA Club Notes
June 05, 2017
It was Tuesday night lights as the footballers had an impressive league win against Tir Chonnaill Gaels Juniors in Goodmayes on Tuesday evening. After a slow start to the game, McCurtains were too strong in the second half outscoring the opposition 1-09 to 1-02. The hurlers also had an impressive win on Saturday afternoon against Kilburn Gaels 'B'. Short a few players they put in a fantastic performance to keep up the momentum in the league. Unfortunately it wasn't to be for our ladies footballers as they lost out to St Anthony's in Greenford.
Next weekend, on Saturday the footballers play Dulwich Harps in the Mullarkey Cup Quarter-Final, while the hurlers are up against Brothers Pearse in the Final of the Ronan Cup. We wish Brian Ryan, Liam Griffin and all the hurling panel the best of luck as they try and retain the trophy.
Our Annual Golf Day is taking place on the 17th June in Ilford Golf Club. It is £50 per person or £200 for a team of four. Breakfast and dinner will be provided on the day. Contact Jim McDermott on 07813 355776 to register your interest.
Training (Click on team name for more info):
- Mens Football: Tuesday & Thursday at 7.15pm in Goodmayes.
- Mens Hurling: Monday at 7.30pm in Goodmayes.
- Ladies Football: Tuesday at 7.00pm in West Ham and Thursday at 7.00pm in Goodmayes.
- Camogie: Saturday at 10.30am in West Ham.
- Underage: Hurling, Monday at 6.45pm in Goodmayes.
Football, Tuesday in Thurrock RFC & Wednesday in Goodmayes both at 6.45pm.
- Mens Football: Mullarkey Cup QF - Thomas McCurtains v Dulwich Harps, Saturday 10th June 2017 at 3.00pm, Goodmayes.
- Mens Hurling: Ronan Cup Final - Thomas McCurtains v Brothers Pearse, Sunday 11th June 2017 at 2.00pm
- Mens Football: AIB Football League Division 3 - Thomas McCurtains: 1-12, Tir Chonaill Gaels 1-07
- Mens Hurling: AIB Hurling League Division 2 - Thomas McCurtains: 0-18, Kilburn Gaels: 1-06
- Ladies Football: Intermediate League - Thomas McCurtains: 1-03, St Anthony's: 4-10
- Golf Day - Saturday 17th June 2017, Ilford Golf Club.
- Thomas McCurtains Club Fun Day - Saturday 15th July 2017, Goodmayes.
New players are always very welcome to join our friendly club. We have Gaelic Football & Hurling teams for both men and ladies from u-8s up to Adults. We are based in East London; the club covers a wide area and current players live in many different areas, including, Gants Hill, Woodford, Leyton, Leytonstone, Stratford, Romford, Dagenham, Brentwood & Chelmsford as well as many other areas. Transport to and from training and pick-up from stations can be arranged, if required.
If you would like to join our club, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Mens Football: Martin Keyes: 07712 106 349
- Mens Hurling: Brian Ryan: 07851 164 119
- Ladies Football: Deirdre McArdle: 07523 109 547
- Camogie: Eoin Kelly: 07729 746 052
- Underage: Martin McGovern: 07807 830 556
U8/10 Managers - Martin Healy 07854739585 and Denis Doherty 07958432835
U12 Managers - Marc Daily 07824 837952 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
U14 Managers - John Moran 07946 031883 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
Hurling Manager - Marc Daily 07824 837952
Thomas McCurtains GAA Club would welcome coaching support in local schools and our training sessions.
Please check out Thomas McCurtain’s on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. Or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be delighted to hear from you.