Thomas McCurtains H&F Club Notes
Thomas McCurtains H&F Club Notes
June 13, 2017
Ronan Cup Champions
A huge congratulations to Brian Ryan and the rest of the hurling team who retained the Ronan Cup on Sunday in what was the first final to be played in the newley developed Ruislip. In a tight match, goals courtesy of Alan Clancy and Sean Murphy prooved the difference. McCurtains went in at the break a point down 1-03 to 0-07 but outscored Pearses by 3 points in the second half leaving the full time score at 2-11 to 1-12 in favour of the boys from East London.
THOMAS MCCURTAINS: P. Looby; J. O'Donohue, B. Ryan, E. Breen; D. Corrigan, S. Murphy, C. Doyle; J. Byrne, D. Byrne; K. Dowling, J. McGuire, A. Clancy; J. Coulson, R. Carson, G. Long. SUBS: M. Russel for Coulson, S. Smyth for Long.
Captain Eddie Breen and Manager Brian Ryan with the Ronan Cup
The footballers made their way into the Mullarkey Cup semi-finals by beating Dulwich Harps on Saturday afternoon in Goodmayes. A fantastic solo effort goal by Tom Clarke topped off a fine performance by the Mayo man in the middle of the park. McCurtains made the most of the second half wind as the forwards picked off some long range scores including one each from Mark McGirr and Gerry Flynn to seal the win at the end.
THOMAS MCCURTAINS: C. Mulranen; B. McNulty, M. O'Leary, S. Conwell; R. Ellis, B. Hourihane, S. Quinn; P. O'Neill, T. Clarke; S. Murphy, D. McNulty, T. Keane; P. Halligan, G. Flynn, M. McGirr. SUBS: K. Delahunty, G. Gallagher, .
The Ladies footballers will be in action next weekend as they play Tir Chonaill Gaels in the Championship, while the footballers and hurlers are not out until the middle of next week.
Our Annual Golf Day is taking place on the 17th June in Ilford Golf Club. It is £50 per person or £200 for a team of four. Breakfast and dinner will be provided on the day. Contact Jim McDermott on 07813 355776 to register your interest.
Training (Click on team name for more info):
- Mens Football: Thursday only at 7.15pm in Goodmayes.
- Mens Hurling: Tuesday & Thursday at 7.30pm in Goodmayes.
- Ladies Football: No training due to midweek fixture.
- Camogie: Tuesday at 7.00pm & Saturday at 10.30am in West Ham.
- Underage: Hurling, Monday at 6.45pm in Goodmayes.
Football, Tuesday in Thurrock RFC & Wednesday in Goodmayes both at 6.45pm.
- Mens Football: Mullarkey Cup QF - Thomas McCurtains v Dulwich Harps, Saturday 10th June 2017 at 3.00pm, Goodmayes.
- Mens Hurling: 2015 League Final - Thomas McCurtains v Fr. Murphy's, Wednesday 21st June 2017 at 7.15pm, Ruislip.
- Ladies Football: Challenge Match - Wednesday 14th June 2017, Goodmayes
- Intermediate Championship - Thomas McCurtains v Tir Chonaill Gaels, Sunday 18th June 2017
- Mens Football: Mullarkey Cup QF - Thomas McCurtains: 1-11, Dulwich Harps 0-10
- Mens Hurling: AIB Hurling League Division 2 - Thomas McCurtains: 4-14, Granuaile: 0-08
- Ronan Cup Final - Thomas McCurtains: 2-11, Brothers Pearse: 1-12
- Golf Day - Saturday 17th June 2017, Ilford Golf Club.
- Thomas McCurtains Club Fun Day - Saturday 15th July 2017, Goodmayes.
New players are always very welcome to join our friendly club. We have Gaelic Football & Hurling teams for both men and ladies from u-8s up to Adults. We are based in East London; the club covers a wide area and current players live in many different areas, including, Gants Hill, Woodford, Leyton, Leytonstone, Stratford, Romford, Dagenham, Brentwood & Chelmsford as well as many other areas. Transport to and from training and pick-up from stations can be arranged, if required.
If you would like to join our club, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Mens Football: Martin Keyes: 07712 106 349
- Mens Hurling: Brian Ryan: 07851 164 119
- Ladies Football: Deirdre McArdle: 07523 109 547
- Camogie: Eoin Kelly: 07729 746 052
- Underage: Martin McGovern: 07807 830 556
U8/10 Managers - Martin Healy 07854739585 and Denis Doherty 07958432835
U12 Managers - Marc Daily 07824 837952 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
U14 Managers - John Moran 07946 031883 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
Hurling Manager - Marc Daily 07824 837952
Thomas McCurtains GAA Club would welcome coaching support in local schools and our training sessions.
Please check out Thomas McCurtain’s on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. Or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be delighted to hear from you.