Gambling and Sport
Considerations for the GAA
Recommendations and advice for players, members and clubs
**Key Points and Guiding Principles**
- Know the rules regarding sport and betting
- It is safest to never bet on a competition your team is involved in
- Be careful about handling sensitive information
- Fixing any part of an event is against the laws of the land and the Association
- Report any approaches made by third parties
Remember: match fixers will be caught and all suspicious bets are monitored.
If you or someone you know is having difficulties relating to gambling or you feel you need help to address your gambling behaviour contact your local GP, a psychologist, or an addiction specialist.
You can also call the National Problem Gambling Helpline on 1800-753-753 (ROI) or 0808-8020-133 (NI)